Thursday, April 15, 2010

racket crack part 2 and serve dayy

Well in my last blog post about my tennis rackets cracking, i said my second expensive racket had a small crack. Now the crack has gotten bigger and bigger, almost surrounding the whole throat of the racket, but it is about one inch away. This part is not that much of my concerns anymore because that racket, i have given hope on.

It was one day during our carefree week of spring break, i hadnt done much, not even exercise much. The last friday, i hanged out with my friend and then took the 51A bus to the washington tennis courts. I thought," cool, my friends are at court 5 playing with serves, huh there is a kid at the kid... what is he doing ?" These friends are some of the best players out at these courts, it is like a privilege to play with them. Waiting til i was invited, i found out that Josh brought a radar gun to play with, measuring how fast our serves were. Josh told me that i could come in the play with them and i should take some serves. I thought uhh i am not ready at all, but i still went to take some serves.

whoosh! My first serve that went in was about 85 mph. This really surprised me because a few months ago, when someone else had a radar gun, they only measured 70 mph. I always thought that radar gun was lying to me. So i kept serving to see my max speed, it turns out i got 92 mph before they wanted to serve again. It was amazing how fast my serve was even though i wasnt fully warmed up, height advantage! Also interesting how i can serve that fast with a racket that has a broken throat. Unfortunately, when i was serving, i hit the kid that was measuring the serve with a 86 mph serve. Ouch, that must of hurt but he was alright with it.

I stayed on the court to see how fast the other serves were. The kid that was the son of Josh, unfortunately got hit again but this time it was much faster, 108mph. It hit his arm directly the size of a tennis ball and it looked like a terrifying bruise. The max speed was when John the captain of encinal high school came and crushed all the other speeds with a 112mph serve, his 115 almost got in. Well before he came, the fastest speed was 108 by Jason. I cant believe that John beat all the players that were about 4.0 - 4.5 in skills. The only way i think he got his serve so fast and strong is weight room. He does not really have a height advantage because i am around five inches taller than him. Jason said that he wanted to try using my racket, so i lent to him. The moment his racket contacted the ball, Puck!, the strings popped and that was the end of that racket. rest in peace.

1 comment:

  1. I like this post a lot. 92 mph? I've never even driven a CAR that fast.

    ReplyDelete