Tuesday, September 22, 2009

hongkong part 2

The moment I walked into my uncle’s house, the first thing I recognized was the amount of toys and that there was two Philippine maids. There were three bedrooms, a living room, two bathrooms, maid room and a dining room. My mom told me that this was really big considering it was in Hong Kong, so that meant it cost a lot. I saw my two little cousins that are four and six years old, while I was unpacking in their room. I said hi to everyone, including my aunt that has lung cancer. My brother, mom and I ended up sleeping on the Thomas the Train bunk bed that my cousins usually slept at.


The next day we woke up at around 9 a.m., getting ready to go to our first destination, Causeway Bay. For breakfast we had a more westernized selection of food: ham, eggs, bread and milk, hoping for food we usually don’t eat in the states. After breakfast, I had an odd feeling because I am not used to the maids. I thought I was funny because my mom’s aunt would call for Jessica or Love, their names, almost every other minute. We left Happy View Terrace to explore downtown, but the moment we left, we felt sticky and it was super humid. During that day we went looking around in shopiing malls Sogo, Times Square, finding our favorite stores Bossini and Giordano. Some of the cool things I thought about the differences of the restaurants were that at McDonald we didn’t need to clean up after ourselves and that in 711 there is microwavable shiu mai.


We ate dinner back at the place we called home for 15 days. There was soup, steamed fish, chicken wings, and vegetable, which were the typical dinner when we ate at home. I joined my mom’s aunt when she watched TVB, one major T.V. channel in Hong Kong, to watch a comedy called Your Hired. I was surprised when I was told there is only 30 channels for cable unlike in America we could have hundreds. I let my little play with my Nintedo ds which I regretted because they played until midnight. I came to know that my cousins in Hong Kong are quite spoiled because they have an enormous amount of toys and they get whatever they want.

No comments:

Post a Comment