Tuesday, December 1, 2009

hong kong part 9

Back in ifc, my family and i where all carrying our luggages along with the bedsheets. My brother had really wanted to watch the new movie GI Joe, that recently came out. So we went to the theater that was there and it was turned out to be about 80 hkd per person. After some wandering around, waiting for time to go by, we went into the theater. The seats were very comfortable, and the interesting thing was that we got to choose our seats instead of finding one. The movie was an action one with a lot of explosions. My brother and I agreed that Storm Shadow looked a lot cooler but his enemy/brother Snake eyes was a lot stronger.

When we left the movies, uncle Derek picked us up and brought us back to Causeway bay. Since our main goal of going to Llama Island was to eat seafood, my uncle decided that we go to SaiGon to eat, a well known place. We dropped our stuff off at the house, and was glad for the air con. On the way to SaiGon, uncle Derek's son Donavan was being a retard again. In the car he was whining that he wanted shui mai, this dimsum food, he kept whining and whining. So midway on our trip we stopped, got shui mai at the local 711 store, and continued with our journey after a long while.

After many twists and turns, passing by the actor Liza Wang's house, we arrived there. My uncle informed me that the desert store Honey Moon Desert was owned by my grandma's sister's cousin. Very distant relative but it is still interesting to know who all my rich relatives were. I forgot the name of our restaurant but i remember we went out to pick our seafood first. Just picking the seafood was 700hkd and the fee for preparing would be 70hkd per person. The price of this dinner would be 1300hkd without the drinks or little snacks. When the waiters showed us our table, the first things i noticed was the roof. The roof was so short, i believe it was a 6 feet roof because when i stand straight i would feel my head hitting it.

1 comment:

  1. Your memory is simply amazing. Are you working off a journal you kept while you were there, or is this simply coming from your brain's storage facilities?

    ReplyDelete