Thursday, October 22, 2009

hong kong part 5

This day was another day for a tourist attraction, the Big Buddha on Ngong Ping, Lantau Island. We woke up and ate the usual breakfast and left for the MTR. We took the Causeway Bay station and stopped at the Tung Chung station, which was beyond Disneyland. Outside the Station was a plaza and a few shops but seemed deserted. We took the escaltor to the place where you get tickets for the gondala. It turned out being around 120 hkd because we chose the one way crystal bottom on the gondala.

on the ride, i thought it was fun because of the constant rocking and my mom's friend being scared of looking down. We saw a body of water and a long mountain of green trees. It was surprising that there was a route on the mountains, so that you can walk there, must be torture.
When we got there it was very peaceful but my mom and her friend planned a lot of things to do. They decided to eat first so we ate at a local restaurant. I got this noodle with three soy sauce chicken wings with this blueberry tapioca. The blueberry tapioca was good, but it did not last too long. The lunch took my forever to finish because I had to eat some of my brother's leftovers, while my mom talking to strangers.
The big buddha was far, we got there very fast. When i saw the amount of steps, i thought,"oh thats a lot of steps." My brother and I raced up there while everyone else went slowly, and taking pictures. My mom's friends were a bit obesed so they took forever. At the top wasnt much to do, we just took pictures and walked around inside. After they bought these souvenirs, my brother and I laughed at them because they actually thought it got blessed.

The Big Buddha buiding was build quite recently so i don't understand why it is so religious. My brother and I saw a monk and asked each other if we wanted to gamble with cards because our dad told us we will have bad luck if we gambling after seeing a monk. We went down the Buddha and drank some lemon tea. My mom and brother got a straw-hat while they could have gotten that in America. We got home and it was a day .

No comments:

Post a Comment