Friday, October 9, 2009

Tennis incident

It was last Tuesday, August 29 2009, when I got into this argument at Washington Park. I played with my friend for about one hour and then he had to leave. I stayed on the court to practice my inconsistent serve. After playing for about 10 minutes, some guy named Manny came to my court and acted very friendly. Before my friend Norman and I didnt like this guy because when we wanted his court he did not leave. He just told us that he just started but we knew he was lying. I did not have a good impression on this guy.

When he came over I just kept serving and minding my own business. Randomly he asked me if Mahamud was coming over. I wondered inside my head, " why is he asked me this" so I just answered I dont know. So Mahamud came over into my court and greeted Manny. I got the idea that they wanted my court somehow but i kept on serving. When they seemed like they were ready to play they took my court. so i kept serving even though they were there. So they got mad and ordered me to leave. It was the rules that if there is only person on a court and you have two , you can kick them out. But that rule only applies if there is an empty court that the two people can use. I did not move because court 4 was obviously open but they wouldnt go there, they like my court more. After a long time of arguing Mahamud pushed me, saying that he was trying to be nice before. I called the cops because it would not harm me but only him.

In the end no one really got into deep trouble but i think this is a case of bullying, two old people vs. one kid. This story kinda spread throughout washington park like it was high school. I guess this can be called tennis gossip. My friend , Ron, heard of the story of a tall asian calling the cops on Mahamud but didnt think it was me. I confirmed and I thought it was funny how fast it spread.

1 comment: